Monday, February 6, 2017

I Never Asked For Anything Special


Here is just one of the first responders whom Mayor Rawlings wants you to believe is greedy, self-serving and overpaid.

Like many other police and firefighters, Richard has spent most of his life in the service of others. He served
in the U.S Army with a tour of duty in Viet Nam, and then served as a Dallas police officer for more than 30 years. 


"I never asked for anything special," he said. "I worked 30 years of weekends, deep night patrol, missed almost every major holiday with my family, spent countless trips to the emergency rooms in Dallas for my on duty injuries."

Even though Dallas was ranked 27th in pay compared to surrounding cities, Richard remained to serve the citizens of Dallas.

He never took a "sick day," received more than 175 commendations and excelled in every evaluation. That earned him a promotion to Detective and he retired as Master Police Officer.

"For this," he said, "I  was presented with a retirement plaque which bears my badge and 13 medals and a promise of a pension check and what I saved in the DROP account that the City organized in order to retain senior officers."

Now, Mayor Rawlings and City Hall are threatening to seize his retirement account and garnish his pension check by clawing back the money he's already earned.  

"Now the only thing I have left is that plaque that’s hangs in the study in my home that I will not be able to afford to keep," Richard said. "Not only will I suffer, but my wife of 37 years who stood faithfully by my side as I served the citizens of Dallas will also suffer. Please help the first responders of the city of Dallas and save our pension system."


#PoundOfFlesh #Savethepension #brokenpromises

No comments: